TEAM

TEAM

COACH

COACH

Sunday, October 30, 2011

GETTING READY FOR LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN

Training is going pretty well!  But, I know I started training waaaaaaaaay too late for this.  I am running consistently again finally.  I guess it took me signing up to get at it again, but it feels great.  I have found that riding my single-speed all year really built my legs up and has helped my run.  There are just so many great things about NOT HAVING GEARS.  I have had two, 3 hour plus runs and a 3.5 hour.  I am planning to get up to 6 before toning down.  My runs have all been in the mountains and mostly on the Appalachian Trail.  That has been crucial to get me ready for Lookout's climbs.  With the leaves changing and fall in the air, it has been easy to find the motivation to hit the trail.  I have found my love of running again.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you and all you do in the outdoors!
    Don't know how you can do so much. Good luck !!!
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'd like to walk a few miles on this trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! North Georgia in the fall!

    ReplyDelete