TEAM

TEAM

COACH

COACH

Monday, April 29, 2013

John Tanner Sprint- April 27, 2013

This was my first triathlon since the Double Iron.  I really had NO idea what to expect.  I am lacking in the fast twitch muscles right now.  I always love the Tri the Park Series!  The races are well put on and the environment is always a blast.  When I showed up I expected rain and cold but the day turned out great.  It stayed dry the entire time!  The swim was pretty normal for me.  I was a little slower than expected but after training for longer distance swims, I was not surprised.  T1 was pretty terrible.  I could not get my wetsuit off and then it was a slow process of getting my NON TRI shoes on.  I felt like I was hanging out in T1 forever watching people run out.  Onto the bike finally.  My legs were shot!!!  After a long training week and 50K race, I felt like I was peddling squares.  I finally got into a groove about the time it was time to run!  My T2 went a lot smoother.  I was in and out.  This was the part I was clueless about.  I cannot remember the last 5K I ran.  I jumped on the heels of a guy who looked stronger than me.  When we hit the first hill, I cruised by.  I pushed hard to get him out of mind and to try in keep him from hanging with me.  By the time I hit the turn around, I felt great but needed to keep my foot-speed up.  I had a guy on my tail and he passed with about a mile left.  I quickly re-passed and pushed hard to the finish.  I had a lot of fun out there!  I could definitely tell that I have had zero speed work in the last two years.  It was a great day hanging out with all the All3Sports athletes and I managed a 2nd in my age group.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's good to be active and pushing other's to be active. It's a good excercise to our muscle's. I too love to be fit.
    --Carlos Kauffman

    ReplyDelete