TEAM

TEAM

COACH

COACH

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mistletoe Sprint Tri- July 20, 2013

This was a new course to me and I was excited about the race.  The swim worried me a little because I had not been in the pool in a couple months.  The race started out well.  Coming out of the water, I was in the top 5/6 and hit T1 feeling good.  I was in and out of T1 quick and on the bike.  The course was great with consistent rollers.  I could not seem to pick up my pace fast enough.  I think that is my biggest issue!  I cannot get warmed up quick enough in 12 miles.  I hopped off the bike and into T2 first in my age group and 9th overall.  Brian Wortham, fellow ALL3er, was a few seconds behind and a better runner than me.  I hit the woods as fast as I could knowing that he was on my tail.  Sure enough, within the first half mile he was on me.  We hit a tough 30 yard hill on the tail and he past.  I tried to hang but within the next mile he had put 30 yards on me.  I pushed and pushed and he kept putting time.  We made it back to the road section and a mile to go and took off hard.  He put more time on me!  I had a blast!  Great course and great people!  Ended up 1st in my age group and 10th overall.  It was a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment